Software Engineering | Systems Administration
The joining of software and infrastructure into a love of DevOps.
Here are a few of the positions I've held during my time in Information Technology.
• Configuring Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana for log parsing and visualizations.
• Systems administration tasks for node/express servers, .NET servers, and Docker hosts.
• Administation of AWS infrastructure.
• Build, configure, and update Jenkins pipelines.
• Day to day involves managing Tomcat and Apache application servers in AWS environment.
• Integration of monitoring solutions to control uptime, costs, and reliability of resources.
• Create and deploy Infrastructure as Code using CloudFormation's Ruby SDK, Chef, Terraform, and Docker.
• Transform and automate existing I.T. practices.
• Perform continuous integration and continuous delivery with Jenkins jobs.
• Supported more than 6,000 end users in fast paced environment with 100% SLA.
• Implemented companywide virus remediation plan with I.T. Ops and Information Security teams.
• Contributed to more than 100 knowledge base articles in company intranet.
• Provided QA on SQL Server, compiling and integrating data from Dev and Ops teams.
• Automated reporting services for engineer performance.
• Deployed Windows and FreeBSD servers with RAID 5 and RAID 6 infrastructure.
• Configured disaster recovery solution in case of inclement weather, malicious intrusion, or accidental destruction.
• Customized network and database installations to customer specifications using Hyper-V and Microsoft SQL Server.
• Reduced store turn time from 7 days to less than 24 hours.
• Gained recognition as top 10 location in client satisfaction.
• Installed and maintained data backup unit, performed weekly maintenance on routine schedule.